O sono corrompe a mente

É sabido que dormir demais deixa você lesado e dormir de menos deixa você com problemas taquicárdicos. Mas com ou sem sono, minha mente parece que não pára e as idéias ficam pipocando de lá pra cá e de cá pra lá... então, nas noites de insônia (devido à minha extrema atividade cerebral!), ou naqueles dias que eu simplesmente só penso em dormir, mas ainda assim quero aproveitar o dia e fazer algo produtivo, resolvi botar as idéias no papel... ops, no computador! Pode ser uma ferramenta útil, vai que um dia eu consiga chegar aos textos de Clarice??? You'll never know, and it's worth giving it a try!!

terça-feira, 16 de fevereiro de 2010

Because there are little treasures in life...

I've just started to work after a long (and deserved!) vacations. So, next week is gonna be my third week back to school... I guess I'm still a little bit shocked about my professional life this year... haha... I'm teaching in two schools and even though both of them are state ones (which means my students came from a poor background), one of the schools is situated in a very nice area surrounded by lots of beautiful buildings (where just rich people live!). But another one is a school in the middle of the shantytown... The first time that I got to this school, my mounth couldn't be closed (and I couldn't help but being worried all the time)!! So, I have to say "I'm shocked for being so close to poverty" - although I know how much poverty there are in Brazil, being in the middle of that is truly sad!!
So, the beginning is something with which I've been trying to get used to this year... I try not to think about it (because with poverty cames also violence, family problems and stuff like that...) and I've been using all the Positivism that I can have in life! Funny thing is that kids are kids everywhere and they like you if you're a nice person to them... They are desesperately asking for limits, help, education... And that's what I keep in mind every time that I remember it's gonna be tough enough for me this year...
Last year was the real first year that I taught (the first time we never forgot!)... I tried to do my best (but I'm sure it was not good enough!). But every time that I remember my students from last year, I remember them telling me that they recognized me in the end of 2009 as a good teacher and that I tried to do my best. I guess this is the best thing in being a teacher!! It's a little treasure that we keep to us in this world where hardly few people believe in real education and in a world where people are loosing their ability of being polite or thinking properly about problems and how to go through it...
I hope this year can be a brilliant one for me... and for my students as well!!

- "Todos nós sabemos alguma coisa. Todos nós ignoramos alguma coisa. Por isso, aprendemos sempre!" (Paulo Freire) -

- "All of us know something. But all of us don't know something as well. That's because we are always learning something new." (Paulo Freire, Brazilian Educator) -

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário